About Zestril 20mg
Zestril 20mg Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure. It can also be prescribed to treat a heart attack, heart failure, and Myocardial Infarction. It reduces the frequency of heart attacks and other heart diseases, including stroke.
How effective is Zestril 20mg?
Zestril 20mg Tablet is composed of Lisinopril, which is a medicine which belongs to ACE inhibitors drugs. Zestril 20mg works by relaxing the blood vessels, which allows the blood to flow easy and smooth. Lowering blood pressure can be extremely helpful in the prevention of strokes and kidney problems.
What dose should I choose?
An adult (18 and above) can take one or a half Tablet of Zestril 20mg once or twice a day. The dosage is gradually increased to minimise the risk of side effects. Maximum dose of 80mg can be taken in a single day.
Dosage for children (6-18) is generally started as 10mg daily and gradually increased upto 20mg daily as per the body response.
The specific dosage, timing, and quantity are prescribed by the doctor, depending on the patient’s condition, symptoms, reactions, and age. Do not take in different amounts than advised/prescribed by your doctor. Be careful if self-medicating. Make sure that the course of treatment is fully completed.
What are the side-effects and other warnings when taking Zestril 20mg?
Every medicine has side-effects. However, they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects of Zestril 20mg include;
- Allergic reactions in case of Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Contact your doctor immediately if these or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not take it without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- Consult your doctor before using Zestril 20mg Tablet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Take regularly to see maximum benefits.
- Do not drive a car or operate heavy machinery due to drowsiness caused by this drug.