About Zestril 5mg
Zestril 5mg Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure associated with Hypertension. It can also be prescribed to treat a heart attack. It increases the chances of survival after a heart attack.
How Effective is Zestril 5mg?
Zestril 5mg is composed of Lisinopril which belongs to a class of medications known as ACE inhibitors. Zestril 5mg works by relaxing the blood vessels, which allows the blood to flow more easily. Lowering the blood pressure can be extremely helpful in the prevention of strokes, kidney problems, and heart attacks.
What Dose Should I Choose?
An adult can generally take one or half tablets of Zestril 5mg once or twice a day. The dosage is gradually increased to minimise the risk of side effects. Maximum of 80mg can be taken in a single day.
Dosage for children (6-18) is generally started at half a tablet daily. It is not recommended for children (6 and younger).
The specific dosage, timing, and quantity are prescribed by the doctor, depending on the patient’s condition, symptoms, reactions, and age. Do not take in different amounts than advised/prescribed by your doctor. Be careful if self-medicating. Make sure that the course of treatment is fully completed.
What are the Side-Effects and Other Warnings When Taking Zestril 5mg?
Every medicine has side-effects. However, they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects of Zestril 5mg include;
- Dry coughs
- Allergic reactions in case of Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Contact your doctor immediately if these or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not take it without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- Do not Zestril 5mg if you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant or breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed.
- Take regularly to see maximum benefits.
- Do not drive a car or operate heavy machinery due to drowsiness caused by this drug.