About Xaltide HFA Inhaler
Xaltide HFA Inhaler is used to treat shortness of the breath or wheezing caused by lung disease (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease-COPD) or asthma.
How effective is Xaltide HFA Inhaler?
Xaltide HFA Inhaler is composed of Beclomethasone and Salbutamol, Beclomethasone belongs to a group of medicines known as corticosteroids. Beclomethasone is an anti-inflammatory agent that reduces inflammation in the air passages and makes it easy to breathe. Salbutamol is a short-acting bronchodilator that makes lungs muscles relaxed and breathing easier.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (18 and above), 2 inhalations of Xaltide HFA Inhaler, 3-4 times a day.
For children (17 and below), 1-2 inhalations of Xaltide HFA Inhaler, 2-4 times a day.
The course of treatment depends upon the severity of the disease/disorder. If you have queries about this medicine, please feel free to contact the pharmacist.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Xaltide HFA?
Every medicine with active ingredients has side-effects. However, these side effects are very rare. Most of the individuals don’t face the side effects.
- Mouth and throat irritation
- Muscle cramps
- Cardiac arrhythmias
Xaltide HFA’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Xaltide HFA Inhaler without the doctor’s consent.
- Share the list of all products (including allopathic and herbal) with your doctor.
- Use Xaltide HFA Inhaler as long as your doctor prescribed it.
- Do not change the dosage of Xaltide HFA Inhaler without the approval of the pharmacist or your doctor.
- Consult your doctor before using Xaltide HFA Inhaler if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.